New blog posts
Walmart Ties-up with this Online Fashion Store
by Guest on Dec 20, 2017
So, Along with products of departments like Electronics, Movies, Music, Books, Furniture & Appliances, Baby & Toddler on Walmart, everyone will soon be able to buy upscale fashion too.
Yes, of course, Denise Incandela, head of fashion for Walmart’s US e-commerce business, said in an announcement that the giant retailer has partnered with the department store Lord & Taylor to “create a premium fashion destination on Walmart.com”.
As per recent news Walmart has planned to launch a dedicated Lord & Taylor store on Walmart’s website in spring 2018. Following this an app will also be availed to Walmart’s online shoppers which enables customers access to labels sold at Lord & Taylor. It’s not clear at this point whether that will include all items Lord & Taylor currently carries, which include Polo Ralph Lauren sweaters, Badgley Mishka dresses, and other pricey pieces.
Incandela also explained in the announcement that those are the sorts of items its shoppers want. “We see customers on our site searching for higher-end items, and we are expanding our business online to focus on adding specialized and premium shopping experiences, starting with fashion,”
It’s clear that Walmart has been accelerating to turn itself into an online fashion store as part of a so-far-successful effort to boost its e-commerce business. It’s trying to stay competitive against Amazon, which has been gobbling up US e-commerce, including clothing retail.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 7, 2018 5 Things to keep in mind while Creating an E-commerce Store by Guest
- Aug 3, 2018 Distributed Fibre Optic Sensor Market Revenue to Register a CAGR of 10.4% by 2026 by Guest
- Aug 3, 2018 Best Multi Vendor B2B Ecommerce Marketplace For Ecommerce business by Guest
- Jul 27, 2018 Rum Market to Witness a Rise of US$ 18,126.8 Mn by 2026 by Guest
- Jul 27, 2018 Agave Syrup Market to Witness a Rise of US$ 701.2 Mn by 2026 by Guest